IFSA Goals and Objectives
Development of National and Regional Organizations
Goal: To foster the development of national and regional organizations whose activities would increase the use of competently installed automatic water-based fire suppression systems for the purpose of saving lives and protecting property.
- Make grant monies available to sponsor and support organizations whose plans and objectives meet the above criteria.
- Maintain liaison with related national and regional organizations, and serve as a technical resource for such organizations.
- Report on the activities of national and regional organizations through IFSA publications.
Development of Information Systems to Protect Product Integrity and Industry Identity
Goal: To pursue such efforts and relationships that promote the widespread distribution of accurate industry information while protecting the separate and distinct identity of the automatic water-based fire suppression systems industry.
- Develop and maintain a website that will serve as an international resource for accurate and timely information on industry products and practices.
- Develop and produce publications consistent with the goals of the organization and its membership.
- Support national or regional licensing and certification activities aimed at establishing acceptable levels of competence for firms undertaking the installation of automatic water-based fire suppression systems.
Delivery of Training and Education
Goal: To deliver programs of training and education that further the efforts of the organization.
- Through relationship with NFSA and others, make arrangements for the delivery of quality educational programs through members and through affiliated national and regional organizations.
- Sponsor seminar programs aimed at stimulating interest in the capabilities of automatic water-based fire suppression systems in emerging markets, and to promote the competent use of hydraulic calculations.
Enhancement of Codes, Standards, and Legislation
Goal: To work with international organizations in the enhancement of codes, standards and legislation while serving as a resource for parallel local and national efforts.
- Assist national and regional organizations in planning and implementing legislative and regulatory initiatives aimed at expanding the use of automatic water-based fire suppression systems.
- Provide input to the activities of international standards developers to seek compatibility of product requirements and appropriate use of industry technology.
- Monitor and assist the international development of performance-based building codes to ensure that the performance of automatic water-based fire suppression systems is properly considered.
Growth in Visibility, Membership and Support
Goal: To increase awareness of the IFSA and its programs, to increase the value of membership and to expand membership so as to enhance the ability of organization to meet its goals.
- Continue the recruitment of Governing Members to provide primary financial resources for the organization.
- Implement categories of membership that would result in additional funding and support for the organization
- Optimize the effectiveness of the Board of Directors, committees, and staff resources.
- Develop such programs and activities as benefit the members of the organization.
- Create and support strategic alliances, coalitions and ventures consistent with the goals of the organization.